Professor, Department of Physics, engineering Physics and Astronomy, Department of Chemistry, Queen’s University, Canada.
My research interests are the optical and electronic properties of organic materials and devices: photo-physics, nonlinear optics, self-organization under light, charge generation and transport, solar cells, plastic lasers, nano-materials, bio-compatible materials and devices. I also study the fabrication of chiral structures using light - matter interactions.
Research Specialization: Photonics, Nonlinear Optics, Organic Devices, Organic Electronics, Organic Semiconductors, Polymers, Nanomaterials.
Areas of Research: Optics and Photonics, Micro and Nanoelectronics, Renewable energies
11 patents, 240 peer-reviewed publications, 7000 citations, H-index 44
Member of Editorial Board in Scientific Reports, Chinese Optics Letters, European Physical Journal: Applied Physics, and Energies.
Honors and Degrees:
- 2013/8 - 2020/7 – Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Photonics for Life
- IOP Fellow
- 2008/1 - 2013/7 – Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Chiral Photonics
- 1999/12 - Habilitation, Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, Université de Paris XI (Paris-Sud)
- 1990/10 - Doctorate, Physics, Polymer Nonlinear Optics, Commissariat à l''Energie Atomique
- 1984/5 - Doctorate, Physics, Plasmon Nonlinear Optics, 'Ecole Polytechnique (France)
- 1982/7 - Master's Thesis, Theoretical physics of liquids, 'Ecole Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles
- 1979/6 - Bachelor's, Physics, Université de Paris VI (P & M Curie)
- 2014/1 - Cross appointed adjunct ProfessorPhysics, Royal Military College of Canada
- 2006/7 - Professor, Canada Research Chair, Physics, Engineering Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry, Queen's University at Kingston
- 2009/9 - 2010/8 - Visiting Professor, Physics, Université de Limoges - Sabbatical Leave
- 2008/7 - 2010/6 - Consultant Hutchinson SA
- 2000/9 - 2006/10 - Professor, Physics, Université d'Angers, Head of Plastic Solar Cells Technology Research Team
- 1998/9 - 2000/8 - Adjunct Professor, Physics, Université d'Angers
- 1984/1 - 2000/8 - Researcher, Commissariat à l''Energie Atomique, Lab. Leader from 1995 to 2000